The Aero range of Patient Handling Equipment includes patient transfer boards and a highly adaptable terylene carry sheet for patient transfers.
Patient Transfer Boards
These are a critical item for safe and effective patient transfer from bed to mobility equipment. multiple sizes are available to suit different applications.
The Patient Transfer Board (P.T.B.) is used to transfer the recumbent client from bed to barouche, barouche to bed etc. Minor variations in bed or barouche height are not restrictive.
- Constructed from a lightweight smooth resilient material.
- P.T.B is radiolucent.
- Hygienic: P.T.B. is easily cleaned by wiping over with a mild detergent
or a non-alcohol based disinfectant.
- Two hand holes for carer’s use.
- Rounded edges and radius comers providing a smooth transfer for
both client and carers.
- The underside features grip sections ensuring secure usage of P.T.B.
- P.T.B. is easily stored by hanging up using hole provided at the top.
Instructions for Use:
- Remove top bedding from patient and loosen draw sheet from under the mattress.
- From the transfer side of the bed and with the aid of a nurse on the opposite side, roll the patient onto his/her side away from the transfer.
- Lay draw sheet over the patient’s body and insert folded slide sheet if appropriate. (See slide sheet instructions).
- Position barouche alongside bed, as close as possible, (P.T.B. will cope with a small gap) Adjust bed or barouche height so that they are at or near similar height.
- Position P.T.B. with grip side down, smooth side up, over the gap between bed and barouche, bedside edge of P.T.B. should be underdrawn sheet and slide sheet if used, and close to the patient. Flatten draw sheet and slide sheet over P.T.B.
- Roll the patient onto the back, so that bodyweight is partially on the P.T.B. (the more bodyweight transferred onto P.T.B. the easier
to transfer, thus positioning P.T.B. close to the patient before rolling back makes for an easier transfer).
- With both caregivers standing on outer side of barouche, hold the draw sheet with one hand, whilst placing the other hand
on the edge of the P.T.B. to stop any initial movement of P.T.B.
- Pull draw sheet towards you until the client is positioned on barouche. Note: hand supporting edge of P.T.B. may be removed
once most of the patient’s weight is on the P.T.B. For harder mattresses and lighter patients, this support may not be
- Roll patient towards you partially, so as to remove the P.T.B.
- After removal lay client onto the back, the patient should be in the middle of the barouche.
Code Item Description Size
14033S Patient Transfer Board Single Hand P.T.B 780mm x 380mm x 4.5mm
14033M Patient Transfer Board Single Hand P.T.B 1000mm x 380mm x 4.5mm
14133S Patient Transfer Board Double Hand P.T.B 1180mm x 580mm x 4.5mm
14133M Patient Transfer Board Double Hand P.T.B 1500mm x 580mm x 4.5mm
14133L Patient Transfer Board Double Hand P.T.B 1800mm x 580mm x 4.5mm
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.